Unreal Engine Diaries #10
- To display the AI Perception range in the editor, go to Editor Preferences >> General >> Gameplay Debugger & tick the 'Perception' parameter. Also in post processing, set AA to 'FXAA' or none to display the debug lines better.
- In the widget blueprint, select multiple widgets from the Hierarchy panel & then Right click >> 'Wrap with' to wrap the selected widgets within another widget like Canvas Panel, Border, etc.
- Add 'Rotating Movement' component to actors to have them rotate automatically. The rotation rate for each axis can be set from the component. This could be used to create interactive objects like weapon pick ups in a shooter or effects like rotating coins in a side scrolling game.
- Wrapping widgets with 'Invalidation Boxes' can be used to increase performance as they get executed only at the time of creation & not every frame unlike other widgets. This could be especially useful when there are lots of static UI elements that do not get updated at run time.
- The 'Random unit vector in cone' node can be used to get random line trace target locations for creating shotgun spread patterns.