Unreal Engine Diaries #8
- When adding new input parameters to a function that's already being called multiple times throughout the project, it's always better to immediately check every instance of the function call to make sure that the new input parameter is connected as required.
- Drag & drop a variable from the variables list onto a get/set node of another variable to automatically replace the second variable with the first.
- When attaching moving physics actors to the player character without physics handles, disable it's gravity & set the linear/angular velocities of all of it's components to zero in order to have it simulate physics & collision on the move.
- Under default conditions, when a character changes it's direction of movement, it instantaneously turns to face the new direction. To change this behavior and enable smooth rotation based on direction changes, first go to the AI character blueprint >> Character Movement Component >> Enable "Orient Rotation to Movement" & set "Yaw" of the "Rotation Rate" based on how smooth the bot turning movement has to be. Then under the default attributes of the blueprint, disable "Use Controller Rotation Yaw" and it should now start having smoother turning movements.
- If you're experiencing automatic brightness changes in your game, you can disable this effect by going to your viewing camera component >> Post process settings >> Auto Exposure >> Set min and max brightness to the same value.