Unreal Engine Diaries #9
- 'Shift + F1' can be used to gain mouse control & jump between the different game instance windows during multiplayer testing in the editor.
- While working on VR, try to match the size of in game objects to their real life counterparts, as not doing so could make them stand out and reduce the immersion.
- In the Material Editor details panel, turn on 'Fully Rough' [prevents reflection rendering pipelines from executing] & turn off 'Light Map Directionality' [both under the the 'Mobile' category] to make materials that are less expensive to render. This is a pretty good option when dealing with far away objects in the level that do not require a lot of detail. Setting the Shading Model to 'Unlit' can also increase performance in instances where the additional detail is not required.
- In PIE mode, press 'Ctrl + Shift + .' to bring up the GPU Profile. It would be a good idea to start looking for elements that cost more than a millisecond.
- 'Switch has Authority' can be used to determine who is executing the script: the server or the client.