Moving on from Feedburner

On the 14th of April, this year, Google sent out a notice stating that they will be moving Feedburner on to a new infrastructure in the coming months. And as part of this transition, they're shutting down the Feedburner email subscription services

Now I'm not exactly sure what this transition entails for the future of Feedburner, but it got me looking at other options that can provide a wholesome subscription package for my subscribers, while also minimizing the setup cost at my end.

After going through my options, I've decided to go ahead and try out follow.it. You can find the new Subscribe button on the right hand Sidebar. I've just started using it and am still in the process of familiarizing myself with its full feature set. But from what I've read so far, apart from basic subscription services, it does offer support for filtering your feeds as well as opting for additional delivery channels like say, receiving your feeds via Telegram. I'm not exactly the target audience for these extra features, but so far it looks like a good Feedburner alternative.

While integrating follow.it to Blogger, I noticed that there was an option to migrate all of my Feedburner subscribers over to it. But I figured it would be better to leave you guys the option to choose your own platform. And while the Feedburner Subscribe button will still be available on the blog, as mentioned earlier, I do not know any information regarding its state after July. So I'm sharing this update with you guys so that those of you who are subscribed to the blog via email can make the necessary changes before Feedburner shuts down its subscription services.

Comments