Skip to main content


Featured Post

Unreal Engine Tutorial: Create Circular Ring Material without Textures

Hi, welcome back for another tutorial. It's been quite a while since I put up a tutorial as I've been busy working on toolkits for the Marketplace. One of my earlier tutorials [link: Unit Selection Decals for RTS Games] had focused on how to create ring materials using textures, as well as using them to display unit selection decals for RTS games. However, a drawback associated with using textures was that it prevented the user from changing the inner & outer radius of the ring. And during prototyping stages of a product, it's far better to implement structures that can be changed easily from within the engine so that you don't have to create a new asset from an external package every time you need to test out a new idea. I've found this approach quite useful while working on my own products. Hence, this tutorial focuses on creating a ring material that can be adjusted both from within the material editor as well as dynamically at runtime.

Alright before we get …

Latest Posts

Unreal Engine Utility Functions #1: Random Point in Sphere

Unreal Engine Experiments: Enemy Tagging System

Unreal Engine Experiments: Last Known Position Visualization

Unreal Engine Experiments: Waypoint Generator

Unreal Engine Experiments: Prototype Menu System v2.0 Update

Unreal Engine Experiments: Dishonored's Blink Ability

FPS Tower Defense Toolkit Tutorial: How to create a new level

FPS Tower Defense Toolkit Basics: Weighted Wave Spawn Controller

FPS Tower Defense Toolkit Basics: Batched Wave Spawn Controller

Top Down Stealth Toolkit FAQ #2

Top Down Stealth Toolkit FAQ #1